Secret Supper x Portland
I booked a trip to Portland, Oregon to visit two of my sisters. We had a full itinerary and jam-packed weekend of fun and less than 48 hours to do it in. Fun like vintage trailer park resorts, winery tours, shopping for luxury leather goods downtown Portland, flying my photography drone over the city, attending the most *dreamy* adventure dining experience of my life with Our Secret Supper-- to name a few!
Portland boasts some of the greatest coffee houses and micro premium distilleries in the US and I'm pretty sure we hit them all-- and my sisters were NOT going to let me leave until I tasted something special from every place :) We were constantly on the go and #teamnosleep had a full agenda and I swear I don't think I stopped laughing; especially when we were killin drive time and listening to the smash hit comedy podcast the world is talking about; My Dad Wrote A Porno - (Belinda Blinked). We actually had to pull over because I almost peed.
This quick Oregon trip has been in the works since Thanksgiving of last year. I had been following Our Secret Supper on Instagram since forever and on Black Friday 2017, they released the dates, tickets, and destinations for the 2018 suppers. I was in the backseat of my sister's car, (a little hungover and showing a Starbucks Americano what's up), when I got the notification that tickets were LIVE and made the decision on behalf of everyone that "We were going. No questions asked and you thank me later for it." I tend to make quick decisions when it comes to travel. Not sorry about it.
The Secret Supper was nothing short of magical. After you purchase your tickets, the actual location of the supper is slowly revealed in a series of emails. You have a general idea of where it will be, for example, "Portland Area" as your destination, but the supper itself could be up to 90 miles out of Portland.
We showed up and were greeted with a glass of Rose and a charcuterie spread that puts all others to shame. I b-lined for the oyster bar and listened to the cellist and violinist set the mood for the evening. It was a gorgeous, almost spring-like evening in the hills of the Willamette Valley wine country.
After cocktail hour and mingling, we were then escorted inside the Mayasara Winery to a grand table, beautifully decorated and set with vintage plates, napkins, fresh greens, and blooms. We dined off a menu that was inspired by a Northern Italian feast. Strangers became friends and we dined until the sunset. There were 5 courses cooked over an open flame and accompanied with wine pairings and we finished with cranberry apple crisp and hot mulled wine (2 helpings, of course). I was so happy to be able to experience this with my family and I hope you find yourself seeking adventure dining, yourself!
Here are all the need-to-know details;
- Our Secret Supper
- Florals- Botanically Inspired
- Location- Maysara Winery
- Menu - Tournant
- Founders/Event Directors- Danielle Firle (Tendue.co) & Eva Kosmas Flores (Adventures in cooking)
- Table Decor- Tendue.co /
Where we stayed:
- The Vintages Trailer Resort- for real, way too much fun. Vintage meets luxury in a cozy, comfy, vintage-inspired dream machine. We stayed in the 1963 Vintage Airstream Overlander. I'm not much of a camper, but I am into Glamping and this retro-inspired resort is just the ticket when luxury meets nature.
Other Fun things we did:
- Rojo The Llama joined our crew for a lap around the night market- and hey, we have the same hair!
- Shopping at Pioneer Place (no sales tax on clothing and accessories in Oregon, WOO!)
- Enjoyed handcrafted premium spirits at Bible Club
- Then devoured sliders at PDX Sliders
- Enjoyed the perks of knowing an Adidas employee (shout out, #city!) at the Adidas Employee Store
- Go for a few glasses at Brooks Winery and get some Pop Up Poetry by The Rhetorical Redhead