5 makeup mistakes you need to stop making, right now!
Girl to Girl. We've all made mistakes when it comes to applying makeup over the years (s/o to all of my 90's babes). I love ya, but there are too many beauty no-no's that need to be dropped like a bad habit. Take note of these common mistakes below and how to correct them.
1) not cleaning your makeup brushes. If you don't clean your makeup brushes regularly, bacteria gets housed in between the bristles and are applied (and reapplied) to your skin every time you use your brush. Take some hot soap water and wash those brushes every few weeks to rid that gross bacteria and dead skin cells from clogging up your skin! Or try our go-to Sephora fave, the Dry Clean instant dry brush cleaner spray $14. It's like a dry shampoo for your brushes, lifting impurities and allows for immediate re-use.
2) matching foundation to the back of your hand. seems like a no brainer, but we've all done it. Why do we think that the back of our hand is the same as our face? Truthfully its not, as the face and hands get different sun exposures. Move the test to the jawline, instead.
3) applying lip liner just to the edges of the lips. Unless your going to a throwback 90's party- just don't do this. Instead, fill in the entire lip and then add a sheer lip gloss or chapstick to help blend it to the lip.
4) curling your lashes with mascara on. Curl before, not after your mascara application. If you curl after you have mascara on, you'll ruin your perfectly coated lashes and likely end up pulling them out, and clumping them up. Curl before hand to give them that extra boost.
5) sleeping with your makeup on. Worst. Thing. Falling asleep with a dirty face will age you 10x.